Enjoy spectacular scenery with cascading waterfalls tumbling into the river, beautiful forest views and sheer rock gorges clad in native bush.
Ideal for families or those looking for a more relaxed rafting adventure, the Lower Rangitaiki Scenic trip offers gentle rolling rapids that never rise above Grade 2.
Located approximately 45 minutes from Rotorua, the Lower Rangitaiki Scenic Raft Trip starts at the base of the stunning Aniwhenua Falls, opposite the Aniwhenua Power Station.
The Lower Rangitaiki Scenic Trip takes around 1 ½ hours on the water but you should allow around 5 1/2 hours in total, including travelling to and from Rotorua, Lunch, Training etc. Complimentary pick up is available from your central Rotorua accommodation or, if you prefer, you can meet us at River Rats Base in Murupara.
- A picnic style lunch is provided on this trip
- Children 5 and over are welcome
- Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult
- Large groups can be taken by arrangement - please contact us for details
- Any pickup will be approximately one hour before the trip time
$NZ139.00 per person
$NZ470.00 per family (2 adults and 2 children - 5 -12 years old).
Additional children $NZ100.00 per child (5 - 12 years old)
Rates valid until 30 September 2014.
Lower Rangitaiki Grade 2 Trip Time:
11.30am at our river base or around 10.30am from Rotorua.
>> Book Online:
For bookings less than 24 hours in advance please phone to book
- Safety Helmets
- Polar Fleece Tops (weather dependent)
- Spray jackets (weather dependent)
- Wetsuit Booties
- Food and Drink
- Hot Shower