Experience the world’s highest commercial waterfall with our unforgettable rafting adventure! Paddle forth and conquer!
- Person Ages 13+
Rafting & 4×4 Combo Tours!
Come and play in Rotorua’s backyard by rafting the magnificent Kaituna/Okere River, which boasts the highest commercially rafted waterfall, the amazing Tutea Falls. Follow it up with a one-hour 4×4 two-seater self-drive buggie for the ultimate CanAm experience.
Led by an experienced guide, you will explore New Zealand native forest on 100-year-old forestry tracks. A full safety briefing is given before you leave on your tour plus a few spins around a training area to get used to your wheels. You will stop at various scenic lookouts during your tour so make sure you bring your camera to capture the moment. All safety gear is provided.
Evidence of driver’s licence is required from all drivers wishing to participate in this activity.
Where We Meet:
Meet us at our base Hangar 14s, Rotorua Airport, 837 Te Ngae Road, Rotorua or arrange for our shuttle to pick you up from your central Rotorua accommodation.
Trips are subject to minimum numbers, water levels, and weather conditions.
- Suitable for all active people 13 years and over.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Around 15 – 20 minutes of training is provided prior to the trip teaching all the required paddle commands and safety information.
- Professional photographs are taken of each River Rats rafting trip and the Kaituna Grade 5.
- Recommended minimum weight limit: 40kg
- Recommended maximum weight limit: 125kg
Polar fleece tops (weather dependent)
Spray jackets (weather dependent)
What to bring:
Kaituna Rafting: Allow around 3 hours
4WD Buggie: Allow around 2 hours