Experience the world’s highest commercial waterfall with our unforgettable rafting adventure! Paddle forth and conquer!
WAIROA RIVER RAFTING IN TAURANGA – GRADE 5
THE ULTIMATE FULL ON, GRADE 5 WHITEWATER!
Enjoy the Best Whitewater Rafting in Tauranga
Tauranga’s whitewater – Enjoy the thrill of one of New Zealand’s best whitewater rafting trips on the Wairoa River in New Zealand’s central North Island. Located just 2 ¼ hours from Auckland, this is one the locals love and it is recognised worldwide for its rafting value.
This fantastic rafting adventure offers a stunning rock and tree-lined gorge that combines turbulent rapids with exciting drops to produce top white water action.
This is the most technical of the trips we offer and it is not recommended for non-swimmers.
Perfect for a group outing, the Wairoa rafting trip is situated just off State Highway 29 between Matamata and Tauranga.
A hydro-controlled river, this rafting trip is only available 26 days a year so get in quick! The Wairoa Grade 5 is suitable for all active people aged 13 years and over.
Where We Meet:
We meet around 20 minutes from Tauranaga in a paddock near the Ruahihi Power Station at 1378 State Highway 29, Tauriko, Lower Kaimai
- Trips are subject to minimum numbers, water levels, and weather conditions.
- Approximately 1.5 hrs on the water, allow 3 hours total.
- Suitable for all active people 13 years and over.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Recommended minimum weight limit 40kg, Maximum 125kg.
- Large groups can be taken by arrangement – please contact us for details.
• Safety helmets
• Life jackets
• Polar fleece tops (weather dependent)
• Spray jackets (weather dependent)
• Wetsuit booties
What to bring: